We are home from our Christmas celebration in Georgia. I have such mixed emotions about this long-anticipated Christmas being behind us. I loved introducing Julia to the rest of my family, and it was so great for my entire immediate family to be together for Christmas. I've missed those Christmases of 200 Waverly Way. It was chaotic, wonderful, and noisy.
On the way home, Little Miss decided that she wasn't in the mood for a flight. She cried much of the way, and all of our attempts to pacify her didn't help. Her first three flights were easy, so I guess we were due this experience. Thankfully, it was a short, nonstop flight.
This morning, Jake is quietly snoring on his dog bed. (I really, really missed him. Thanks to Roger for taking such good care of him.) Julia is sleeping contentedly in her swing. It's peaceful and quiet. I want to eat something before I start unpacking all the suitcases. I decided on the only appropriate breakfast for a Southern girl with a tinge of post-holiday letdown. I've got a pot of grits bubbling on the stove.
No comments:
Post a Comment