Sunday, December 07, 2008

Chatty Girl

Julia is quite chatty. Many times she will look at me and earnestly explain something to me with not a word in English. She even talks with her hands which is quite cute. She's been saying Daddy, Papa, Mama, and Opa for a long time. At the end of summer, she added Baby. Baby was her favorite word for months, used to refer to her two dolls.

Here's a current list of her words:

Agua (she uses this for both milk and water)
Baby
Book
Daddy
Cow (new word this week)
Jake-y
Mama
Night-Night
Papa
Opa
Uh-oh

A couple of her own words:
Numa-Numa ("I'm hungry" or "This is yummy")
Ca-Ca (I have no idea what she means when she says this.)

I have heard her say the following, but she doesn't say them often:
Bye-Bye
Dog
Cat

She is currently obsessed with books. I tried to get her interested when she was younger, but all she wanted to do was put them in her mouth. Now, she wants to look at books constantly. Even when she was sick last week: it was 3 am, she was feverish and congested. She pointed at the bookshelf and said, "Boo-ah, Boo-ah."

1 comment:

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

Who speaks Spanish around her? Because I'm pretty sure I've heard ca-ca before! :D