Julia and I returned to the pediatrician's office for a check of her weight, as she had lost weight between her 12 and 15 month check-ups. We assumed that the loss was due to a cold right before her 15 month appointment, but it still made me a bit nervous that she was off her growth curve.
Today, we had good news! Julia has gained some weight and is back on her growth curve:
Weight: 23 lbs 10 oz
Height: 34 in
The doctor also measured her height, and since it seemed extra tall, she checked it a second time. It came out 34 in both times. I am still skeptical that she is a full 34 in tall, so R checked it at home with the measuring tape. He got a number closer to 33 in, but it was just a quick measure. So, we don't know what her exact height is. The short answer: she's a tall kid.
Julia got two shots today: the Chickenpox Vaccine and the DTaP. We are still waiting on the HIB, as there is a nationwide shortage. Julia did not cry when she got the shots, but she did cry out in indignation: "AHHH!!!" (It sounded like baby talk for: "What in the heck did you just do? That hurt!!")
I am also proud to report that *I* did not cry during Julia's shots; it was touch and go for a minute there.
No comments:
Post a Comment