Here are some of the more amusing things said by our almost 2 year old in recent weeks. (I'm not sure where she gets some of this!)
~~~
When she drops something, "Whoopsie-Daisies!"
~~~
"Sure does!"
This one started in the last week. Sometimes she uses "sure does!" correctly and other times not.
Me (cleaning Julia's ears): "Does that feel nice?"
J: "Sure does!"
Me: "Julia, is your dinner yummy?"
J: "Sure does!"
~~~
Playing with Karina, the babysitter:
Julia picks up a flyswatter and says to Karina, "Want to play tennis?"
~~~
Me: "Julia, please come here."
J continues playing with her toys.
Me: "Julia, come here."
J: "No, Mommy, I'm busy."
~~~
Julia has become accustomed to hearing that she is cute or pretty when I get her dressed. On occasion, she will remark, "I so cute!!" after I get her dressed.
I got some of the same treatment, too. Sunday, we were getting ready to go to the pool, and I put on my bathing suit. Julia smiled broadly and said, "Mommy's so cute!"
~~~
A couple of months ago, Julia was using the potty all the time, except nap and bedtime. Then, some of the novelty and excitement about using the potty wore off. A few weeks ago, I noticed she was using her diaper while playing with her toys.
Me: "Julia, do you need to go to the potty?"
J: "Nah, I use diaper."
Luckily, things have gotten a bit back on track with her using the potty.
~~~
Lying on Jake's bed in her room, "I want to 'elax." (relax)
~~~
I bought a digital recorder, and I have tried to record Julia talking. She gets one look at the recorder, and the only recording I get is this, "I want DAT!! It's MINE!!"
~~~
A couple of times recently, when taking Julia's picture:
Me: "Say Cheese"
J: "Cheeeese.....and crackers!"
~~~
Julia is very clear on what she likes and doesn't like. If there is something she doesn't want to do, eat, or wear: "I don't like it!!!"
~~~
She is also very independent, and we hear, "Do it 'SELF!" quite often.
1 comment:
OMG. LOVE IT. :) We need to get together, stat.
Post a Comment