Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stella's Birthday Party & The Pumpkin Patch

Julia and I headed to a local farm and pumpkin patch to help Stella celebrate her 3rd birthday. It was a perfect, crisp fall day. Julia got to check out her first campfire, but she didn't like the smoke one bit! She also rejected her first s'more, protesting when I tried to mess up a perfectly good piece of chocolate. She'd like the chocolate plain, thank you. The party was capped off with a sing-along featuring Stella's dad playing the guitar. We had a great time.



After the party, Julia and I explored the farm a bit on our own, and we saw pigs, a calf, turkeys, ducks, chickens, and a few goats. Julia was very polite to the other kids and didn't gloat that her Grandma & Grandpa live on a *real* farm.



Then, we were off to the pumpkin patch where Julia tried to lift and carry very big pumpkins. She eventually settled for sitting on a pumpkin and posing for pictures for her camera-happy mother.





No comments: