Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Annabelle stats: 2 months

Weight: 10 lbs 13 oz
Height: 24 in
Head Circumference: 15 1/8 in

See Julia's 2 month stats

It was a busy visit to the pediatrician's office this morning. In addition to Annabelle's well visit, I had made the appointment for Julia as well. Julia had some red rashes on her arms and neck, and I had asked the doctor about them when I was there for Annabelle's one month appointment. Julia wasn't with me, but the doctor advised me to put anti-fungal cream on one arm and hydrocortisone cream on the other. That way, we could figure out what was going on. The hydrocortisone worked like a charm, so Julia may have eczema which will come and go. Today, we followed up on the eczema (resolved for now!) and the cold that Julia has now.

Annabelle has had congestion off and on for the last month. At first, I thought it was just typical newborn congestion, but after a week and a half, it did no go away. So, I called the nurse. She advised that I bring Annabelle in, but after a steam shower, Annabelle was much better. Then a few days later, the congestion returned. Today at the pediatrician's office, they took a swab of the mucus and will test to see if it is a particular persistent bacterial infection that has been going around. After heel sticks and blood draws, that was the easiest trip to the lab we've ever had! I am relieved that we are getting this resolved as the poor baby has been subjected to saline mist, the nasal aspirator, and steam showers ...but the congestion just keeps coming back!

In other news, the doctor was happy with Annabelle's weight gain, so we are on track there. I wasn't surprised that her weight gain was good, as she definitely feels more hefty these days.

1 comment:

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon!