Sitting
Julia has learned to sit up on her own. It seemed that it happened overnight a couple of weeks ago. She can be a bit wobbly, but she can definitely sit unsupported. Much of her height is in her torso, so I think it was a bit tricky learning to balance. She seems to really enjoy it, especially when you put a toy within arm's reach. The pediatrician said that we need to put her on her belly more than in the sitting position, and Julia does not enjoy THAT.
Solids
Julia's not digging the solids. She seems slightly more interested in the veggies than the cereals. We started her on rice cereal (not really interested), and then we moved to oatmeal (she was not a fan). Following the doctor's advice, we started with yellow vegetables and tried butternut squash first. She would eat it but wasn't that into it. R tried carrots with her yesterday. He said she didn't really like them, but she was willing to eat 10-12 small spoonfuls. Sweet potatoes are next, and I have a feeling she might like them better than squash or carrots. (I hope she comes to like squash a bit more. I have 3 bags of pureed butternut squash cubes in the freezer!)
Sleeping
We've had a few rough nights lately. I don't know if it is teething or sleep regression, but my super sleeper has been waking numerous times during the night. Last Sunday was particulary challenging (we were up about 6 times), and last night was tough because she was wide awake for hours in wee hours of the night. I hope (for her sake and ours) that we'll all start getting some good rest soon. I get misty thinking of those four magical days of sleeping through the night.
I have started putting her in bed with us more often when I'm really needing some sleep (or want to pretend to sleep in). This has backfired a bit, because now, she's not as happy about sleeping by herself in her crib. I'll back off on our little foray into co-sleeping, even though I'll miss snuggling with her.
Carseat
After the 6 month pediatrician appointment with the news that Julia is 29 in tall (!!!!), I checked the booklet for our infant carseat. The carseat (aka "the bucket") fits babies up to 30 in tall. So, we'll be moving to the convertible car seats soon.
Development
Little Miss enjoys the Exercauser very much these days. (Thanks, Nicole!) Now I replaced the batteries, she likes it even more. It says "Triangle!!" instead of "Tri..ii..i.a.n...gle." She really focuses and works on all the toys. She is able to pull the hanging toys and press the buttons. I'm amazed by her developing motor skills.
She is incredibly curious and swings that little head around when she hears an interesting noise. She likes music and likes when I sing (she is the only one who likes when I sing). She also seems to enjoy watching me dance; often, I'll get some good giggles from her if I dance. A favorite game in the last few days is Peek-a-boo. She'll squeal and giggle with delight.
She's a sweet, funny girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment