Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Camera

I got a new Canon digital SLR, and it's wonderful. There is a great deal I have to learn, and hopefully, the class I'm taking on Saturday will help get me started. I bought the same camera as my friend, Nicole, so we are taking the class together. (Coincidentally, Carol also bought the same camera, and I promised to teach her what I learn in class.) We all have small children and take many pictures.

My sister is also in the midst of learning to user her new digital SLR. She has quite an eye and has already taken some artistic, amazing photos with her point-and-shoot. I can't wait to see what she'll do with her new camera. Perhaps she should start a blog!

Our mother moonlighted as a professional photographer (while teaching school and raising four children). My siblings and I grew up with a darkroom in the house, surrounded by her beautiful photographs. We were all inspired.

Here are some recent photos of my favorite subject:

Julia

Julia and her doll

Julia and her two little teeth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy, you are doing a beautiful job already! Gorgeous! And Julia's eyes are amazing. Such a deep blue. More, more, more!
Laura

Nick & Kristi said...

Such beautiful pics!! I agree - more, more, more!

Carole said...

All I can say is: the subject is so beautiful, that the investment on the camera is more than worth it! Good job with the pictures, mom, and GREAT job modeling, Julia!