Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hugging, Biting, & Climbing

Julia has started giving hugs. It melts my heart. She reaches out to me, throws her arms around my neck, and gives me a huge hug. Unfortunately, she also likes to test out her little teeth from time to time. (She has six now. The incisors on the either side of her two front teeth finally came in a couple of weeks ago.) About one hug in ten, I am enjoying her little embrace then suddenly, OUCH! I feel her sharp little teeth on my shoulder, arm, or chest. It's still worth it!

Another dangerous habit of Julia's is climbing. If she is given an opportunity, she will turbo-crawl down the hall and will be halfway up the stairs before I can catch up. She has also branched out and started climbing on more than just stairs. Most recently, she has climbed up our raised hearth and was going to check out the decorative logs when I caught up to her.

In her big baby corral (which we considered a safe zone), Danger Baby proved us wrong by climbing onto and trying to stand on one of her play tables. It happened very fast, but never fear, I was there to make sure she didn't fall. Climbing has turned into quite the hobby for her, and as far as she is concerned, that is the now the sole purpose for the little table.



The video ends abruptly, because I saw she was going to stand. It was clearly time to put the camera down!

No comments: