Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Where's Your Tummy?

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to Julia, and I said something about her tummy. Right after I said it, she patted her tummy. (!!!) I was so surprised that the she had made the connection between the word and its meaning. Since then, I ask her "Where's your tummy?" She'll (sometimes) grin, lift her shirt, and pat her tummy. Someone mentioned that although it is very cute now, we should discourage her from doing it when she is, say, sixteen. Hmmm....I think we'll stop a bit earlier.



When I played this video earlier, Julia was in the room, and she heard me say "Where's your tummy?" on the video. At that moment, she reached down, lifted her little pink shirt, and patted her tummy.

2 comments:

Two Shorten the Road said...

That is so freaking cute!

Of course Julia is a supergenius, too.

Jen said...

Too cute! Can't wait to see Julia and Max together.