Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Julia Says...

I have all these things that Julia says bumping around in my head, and I'm trying to remember them or write them down. She really cracks me up. I'm sure I'm forgetting some!

~~~
The first time I talked to her about being pregnant:
Me: "Julia, I have a baby in my tummy."
Julia: "That's great....I have a baby in my tummy, too."

~~~
While R was changing her diaper:
"Papa, your hands are cold...it's OK, Mommy's hands are cold, too."

~~~
When I was taking her temperature rectally,
"Mommy, BE CAREFUL!!"

~~~
I bought some new pajamas with cupcakes on them (for me), and Julia loves them:
"Oooooooo, Mommy, I like your cupcake pajamas, because I eat cupcakes at school."
They have cupcakes for kids' birthdays at Julia's school. I was especially blown away by the use of the word "because."

~~~
She pointed at the spots on my chest:
Julia: "What are dose (those)?"
Me: "Those are freckles."
Julia: "Oh, freckles! Let's count them..."
Julia: (pointing to each freckle) "1, 2, 3, 4...."

~~~
Julia: "Mommy, are you a baby?"
Me: "No, Julia, I'm a big girl. Actually, I'm a grown-up."
Julia: "I'm a grown-up, too. Yep, I'm a grown-up."

~~~
Ever since Julia has had the motor control to do so, she sucks her thumb and twirls her hair when she gets sleepy. The other evening, I was rocking her before bed, and she said, "Mommy, put your tumb (thumb) in you mouth."
Me: ?
Julia: "Put your tumb in you mouth."
Me: (playing along, I put my thumb in my mouth)
Julia: "Put your finger in your hair."
She clearly enjoys her little habit and thought I should try it out.
She was rather insistent that I try it!

~~~
One evening, she was rubbing her ear, as if her ear itched:
"Mommy, I need a tulip."
I could not figure out what she was talking about.
"Mommy, I NEED A TULIP."
OH!!! She wanted a Q-TIP! Glad I figured that one out.

~~~
When she was sick recently, she was coughing and coughing:
Julia: "I need some medicine."
It seemed perfectly reasonable, so I gave her some cough medicine.
Later that day, we visited the pediatrician who prescribed some antibiotics.
We got home from the drugstore, and I told Julia she needed to take some medicine.
Me: "Julia, you need to take your medicine."
Julia: "I'm not coughing. I don't need medicine."
Me: Hmmmm....."Well, this medicine is for your...running nose."
Julia: "OK. Cool. Very cool."
And, she took the medicine.

~~~
Julia wants to keep a few books in her crib that she likes to read to her babies and stuffed animals (her "friends"). The other night, she asked for some specific books in her crib as I put her to bed. As I was leaving the room, I heard her getting ready to read to her friends:
"OK, are you guys ready?"
And she started "reading" the book to her audience.

~~~
Occasionally, she says things that I just don't get.
For instance, a couple of weeks ago, she was walking around saying, somewhat sing-songingly, "Six pounds. Six pounds. Six pounds."

Also, when a TV show she likes is coming on, she announces,
"Olivia EVERYWHERE!"
or
"Max and Ruby EVERYWHERE!"

~~~
There are some words she mispronounces that I find funny:
"slipperly" (slippery)
"butnet" (button)
"Miss Loopy" (Miss Lupe, her teacher who she used to call "Miss Lu-kay")
"up-see down" (upside down)
"pu-nana" (banana)
"nap" (mat, meaning her placemat or the mat in the bathtub)
"piggie" (This is what she calls her pinky finger.)
"lello" (yellow)
"fleur" (floor - sounds very French)

2 comments:

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

Too cute. So how did that work out for you - the thumb sucking and hair twirling? Maybe Julia has hit on the cure for insomnia. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love these!
Laura