Weight: 20 lbs 5 1/2 oz (80th%)
Height: 30 3/8 in (97% +)
Head Circumference: 17 7/8 in (85%)
Whoa...Julia's shots are just getting tougher. Yesterday, she was happily babbling away to the nurse, giggling and waving. I was just cringing knowing that two shots were coming her way. That big, dimpled smile turned into big, fat tears and a red face. Luckily, she got over it quickly.
Later, a lab tech stuck Julia's finger for a CBC to test for anemia. She didn't get enough blood with the first stick so she had to stick another finger. The first time, Julia did not cry, but the second, she lost it. After seeing the tech squeeze and squeeze that little finger to get more blood, I told the woman that they should consider having Valium on hand for the moms. Perhaps that is an idea for the suggestion box I saw on the way out of the office.
1 comment:
Awwww :-( Poor little cutie! I am with you, my friend. Abbie's appointment is next friday, and I am not looking forward to it: It's inhumane. They should numb their little fingers and thighs before sticking them mercilessly like that! I am going to launch a formal complaint next week! I usually cry more than Abbie does!!!
Post a Comment