Little Miss is really growing up.
Trying to Crawling
She has made some significant progress towards crawling lately. For a while now, she has been getting onto all fours and usually ends up in Downward Dog position. She seems to be trying to both stand up and crawl at the same time.
When I was in Atlanta two weeks ago, Caroline and I were hanging out with the kids down in their playroom. Over the course of our conversation, Julia scooched - backwards- about 3 feet. I called R to share my excitement about her new mobility. Hours later, as she took her first signficant tumble, I called R near tears....about her new mobility.
Getting to Sitting
She has been sitting up for a while now and is much less wobbly. Another big development is that Julia can get to sitting all by herself. The first time I knew she had acquired this skill was also confirmation that we *really* needed to lower the crib mattress.
Last Sunday, Julia was down for a nap, and I heard her wake over the monitor. She didn't cry, but I heard her moving around long enough to be satisfied that the nap was over. She wasn't just stirring in her sleep. I walked in the room to find her sitting up (!!) with what seemed to be spit-up on her face. Upon closer inspection, I could see that her face was covered in white paint, because she had been testing out her new chompers and gnawing on the crib railing. Time to lower the crib mattress AND purchase a crib rail guard. I called my friend, Nicole, and informed her that Ian and Julia have something in common. Perhaps he is the twin for Julia.
1 comment:
Ahhh, my friend, I can totally simpathize! To be mobile, or not to be mobile? That is the question... for the answer, we'll just have to wait! But how sweet :)
Post a Comment