Likes (in addition to the people in her life)
Jake
Cell phones
Cell phones, again
Dancing
Remote Controls
Mirrors
Baths (She tries to get into the tub before I even get her undressed.)
Paper (She likes both crumpling it and trying to eat it.)
Music
The play table
Men with glasses
Men with glasses & facial hair
Pulling glasses off of people
When Dad sticks out his tongue, especially when he makes the phhhttt noise
Parties
Saying "DAdaDADaDADadadDadadDAda"
(I keep repeating "MaMaMaMaMa to her. So far, it hasn't caught on.)
Being out and about
Talking to strangers (We'll need to work on this.)
Walks
Drinking water out of a real glass
Chewing on her feet
Being outside
Pulling hats off of her head

Dislikes
Diaper changes
Wearing bibs
Lying down, especially for diaper changes
Having anything pulled over head
Having her fingernails or toenails cut
Peas
Having her face wiped, especially her nose
Bonking herself in the head with a hard plastic toy (It happens.)
Being put down in her crib, at least the first 5 minutes. ("I'd really prefer you sit in the rocker and hold me all night.")
Wearing hats
I realize some readers may find that these posts include too much minutiae. That's OK. I'm writing them for me. I know that some day it will be fun to go back and read what was going on in our day-to-day life with baby Julia.
4 comments:
LOL, Max always tries to climb in the tub with his clothes on. It's a battle to get them off before he gets wet!
Katy, I adore every iota of minutiae you write! It's what keeps me coming back every day and leaves me a little crushed when there's nothing new. Love the list and right back at ya from Julia's BFF.
Laura
LOL! Great post. And ack! I am realizing that the dislikes are things which start early and don't go away. Boo. :P
I love it - I have forgotten to write down such things as the day each one first smiled, clapped, stood, crawled on their hands and knees. Now I'm a little sad. I remember them doing it, just not when.
Now they blow kisses, although i'm not sure they really know that's what they are doing. It's just a variation of the indian "owowowow" with their hands on their mouths.
Julia sounds a lot like Finley. Sam is more easy-going about things and doesn't have quite as many dislikes.
Post a Comment