Getting to Sitting...2.0
I knew things were going a bit faster when I saw her sitting up, gnawing on the crib railing. On Friday, Julia got the hang of getting to sitting. (She can get around, but she doesn't have crawling quite figured out yet.) She seems so intent upon learning these new skills and so excited when she figures something out. She'd army-crawl a couple of feet then wriggle her body around to the sitting position. Then, she'd grin and clap with delight.
Pulling Up
On Saturday, Julia and I were at a friend's house (yummy brunch), and baby Sophia had a play table. Julia really enjoyed standing (!!) at the playtable. When I got home, I got out Julia's table. (Thanks, Nicole. She loves it.)
Sunday afternoon, Julia was playing near R who was lying on his side. She was climbing all over him and using him as a jungle gym. She grabbed his shirt and pulled her little body up to standing.
Now, she just wants to stand (so far, always holding onto something). Much like when Julia learned to sit; she no longer wanted to lie on her back. "I don't want to lie down. Lying down is for babies." She seems fascinated with standing, dancing, and from time to time, pulling up. She's had a couple of spills, and it's tricky to keep her from bumping her noggin.

Today, after her afternoon nap, Julia was STANDING (!!!!) in her crib. I'm working part-time, and I'm a little nervous she'll start walking Thursday while I'm at work!
1 comment:
She'll probably be the first one fully walking in our playgroup!
Post a Comment